The Teacher Placement Program is at the heart of our business and educational platform model and what sets us apart from other English language programs in Vietnam. We employ highly professional, qualified and experienced teachers with proficient, authentic pronunciation and place them at different local schools. This addresses a recognised shortage of native English teachers in Vietnam.
In order to attract and engage learners it is imperative to provide both quality instruction materials and highly competent teachers. Not only must they be fluent in authentic English and have the requisite credentials, such as Bachelor degrees and teaching certification, but they must also be culturally competent. They must be dedicated to the task and have enthusiasm to promote student learning. And they must also be committed to the Vietnam education system.
So that we may help teachers harmonise and integrate into their new school environment, we make a tour of the school and introduce teachers and students. Part of our teacher induction also involves providing them with Vietnamese language classes so as they are better able to communicate effectively in their placement. Vietnamese students and classroom situations are unique to the culture and require specific skills and techniques for conducting classes and conveying the English language. We endeavour to prime our teachers with the necessary knowledge to facilitate this process effectively.
Forming partnerships with various schools enables us to use a ‘standardised process’, ensuring high quality. We have a set of procedures so as to deliver the best outcomes:
~ First we conduct a ‘needs assessment’ with a particular institution. This involves dialogue and meetings to ascertain the specific requirements, which can obviously be quite varied. For example, younger children with Basic English skills as opposed to advanced teenagers, require different resources and methodology.
~ Once the needs of the school are established, we then identify qualified teachers who fit the requirements. Some of our teachers are very capable with beginner students and they communicate effectively in such classes. Other teachers are more adept with mature teenagers and so we place teachers accordingly.
~ We then send the CV(s) and the necessary paperwork to the particular school for assessment and interview.
~ When the interview is a success, the teacher will then demonstrate their teaching for a 2 week period with the school’s observation.
~ Upon approval at this stage, the teacher(s) will then officially teach at the school.
~ Whilst the courses are being conducted, we oversee the teachers in full conjunction with the school. This involves teaching observations and on-going regular communication with our teachers as well as specially conducted workshops which provide knowledge with regard to different aspects of both language and culture. In combination with all of these services, we can tailor to the school’s specific needs.
There are principally 3 types of fee structure which form some basic guidelines:
1) We provide full-time teachers who are managed by Compass Education. As previously outlined, this involves on-going communication and effective responses to meet the requirements of the school. Improvement of teaching skills, techniques and availability of resources are part of our input and quality control; according to standardised procedures. It also avails the school of the necessity of addressing substitutions and holiday leave. Also, in the case of when a teacher terminates their position, we can provide a suitable replacement. In addition to these services, we shall be responsible for the teachers’ work permits, the payment of salaries and assistance with regard to many other matters and related issues, such as visas and accommodation.
2) We provide full-time teachers who are fully managed by the school. The above-mentioned aspects of the management of teachers are the responsibility of the school, although we can often provide particular assistance in certain situations.
3) We provide part-time teachers who are subsequently managed by Compass Education. All the support of our team of teachers as well as resources and workshops is made available on such assignments. Management of substitutions and holiday leave for teachers is also within our compass.
For more detailed information regarding fees, please do not hesitate to contact us right away.
Part of our services in providing teachers to the school is that we offer substitute teachers when the needs arise. In the case of sickness, we try to fill the gap as quickly as possible and impress the need for 24 hours notice. When holidays are arranged, we also provide highly qualified teachers to take their place. This all takes good communication and often fast and efficient implementation which we endeavour to provide.
We also make available teachers to aid in certain school activities. For example, teachers can often attend or participate at end of year ceremonies, certificate awarding ceremonies, school festivals and even on field trips. The presence of foreign teachers at these various events, often with invited parents, can bolster the pride and confidence of the school, its teachers and the students. Special events which include foreign teachers can enhance the image of the school and if the school has certain needs in this regard we can offer assistance. Ultimately, it can further the effectiveness of ‘bridging the gap’ between cultures and enhance the awareness of the importance of the acquisition of the English language.
- Nguyen Thai Hoc , Dist 1
- Nguyen Thai Binh, Dist 1
- Ky Dong, Dist 3
- Nguyen Thanh Tuyen, Dist 3
- Banh Van Tran, Tan Binh Dist
- Yen The, Tan Binh Dist
- Hong Ha, Binh Thanh Dist
- Phu Dong, Dist 6
- Phu Lam, Dist 6
- Ban Co, Dist 3
- Doan Thi Diem, Dist 3
- Dong Da, Binh Thanh Dist
- Nguyen Van Be, Binh Thanh Dist
- Hung Vuong, Dist 5
- Phu Nhuan, Phu Nhuan Dist
- Tran Van Giau, Binh Thanh Dist
- International School of Saigon(ISS), Tan Binh Dist
- Smart kid ,Dist 10
- Thai Binh, Tan Binh Dist
- Cambridge Center, Dong Nai Province
- Anh Viet Center, Long An Province